Important Message from Consolidated Theatres – COVID-19
Consolidated Theatres has been closely monitoring the dynamic coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. First and foremost, the health and well-being of our valued guests and employees has always been our top priority, and we will continue to act thoughtfully, despite the uncertainty COVID-19 is bringing to our communities and daily lives.
Our theatre teams are taking guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities as we navigate this ongoing situation. For now, we are continuing to operate our movie theatres, but with new and enhanced procedures in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some of the steps we have taken to help promote wellness in our theatres:
- We have increased the frequency and extent of cleaning and sanitization practices throughout our theatres to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We are taking steps to reduce the seat occupancy in our auditoriums to create distancing, as many health organizations have encouraged social distancing. We are working to reduce our on-sale seat count by 50% or more, both on our websites/mobile apps and at the theatre box office. While we encourage maintaining social distance in our auditoriums, we will not prevent families and friends from electing to sit next to each other.
- At the moment, we intend to continue to honor our Free Drink Refill and Endless Popcorn programs (where applicable), but will provide a new cup/lid and popcorn bag when you are ready for a refill. We also urge guests not to reuse your cup/lid at our self-service soda machines. Our service associates are happy to assist in providing new cups/lids to guests who need them.
- We are encouraging our guests to use credit cards in theatre and to buy tickets online in advance to reduce the need to handle cash. We have a convenient app to facilitate these cashless transactions.
- If the major studios determine to postpone the release of certain movies, we will be providing refunds. Information about how to get a refund is available on our websites.
- We have instructed our theatre team members to stay home if they are not feeling well.
The first line of defense starts with you, our valued guests. If you are feeling ill, we encourage you to stay home or seek appropriate medical assistance. We are telling our service associates and managers to do the same.
As we learn more about this virus, we are prepared to further modify operations on a theatre-by-theatre basis to ensure the health and well-being of our guests and theatre teams. In addition, we are prepared to close theatres, if we feel it is in the best interest of our guests and employees and/or if required by our governmental authorities. If we close our theatres, we will provide you with as much advance notice as possible.
We want to thank you for your continued support of Consolidated Theatres, a company that has been proudly entertaining Hawaii for over 100 years. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this evolving situation. We will do all we can to ensure the health and well-being of you, your family and our community.